EAT YOUR HEART OUT
The food at Toit isn’t what you would call fine dining or overtly fancy. It is hearty, delicious and altogether great soul food, served in an atmosphere that tempts you into whiling away the hours. On this menu, we bring you some great pub grub to go with a glass (or many) of beer, along with dishes that are complete meals in themselves.
So, while you’re getting down and dirty with a platter of chicken wings, order up a perfectly done steak too. And calories be damned, be sure to save room for dessert.
Kudix Bites - the second best companion at Toit, afte your glass of beer, of course!
- Popcorn Popped corn finished with truffle butter and parmesan.
- Banana Slivers Long slices of banana, fried crisp and spiced.
- Lotus Seeds Puffed lotus seed, pan-tossed and finished with a peri-peri spice blend.
- Toit Cheese Board A selection of 3 Cheeses, with fig compote, dried apricots, grapes, roasted almonds, crackers and toast.
- Grilled Baby Corn Fresh baby corn grilled and rubbed with a select blend of spices.
- Cajun Potato Wedges Twice cooked potato wedges, finished with an in-house Cajun spice blend.
Grilled roulade of eggplant stuffed with ricotta and spinach
Grilled Cottage Cheese
Cottage cheese, grilled and served with tomato compote
Shroom Fricasse. Baked Beetroot and Goat Cheese. Smoked Salmon and Capers
- Toit Baked Nachos Veg also possible Lavash style baked wheat nachos, topped with the house cream cheese, roasted tomato salsa. Add on refried beans at no extra cost.
- Onion Rings Traditional onion rings served with a sweet chilli sauce.
- Mac n Cheese Balls Everyone's favourite macaroni & cheese in bite size portions!
- Dip-it-ah Wood-fired pita bread with hummus, muhammara, carrots and celery sticks. Health max!
- Deconstructed Scotch Eggs Our version of the pub classic. Soft boiled eggs served on a bed of potato mash, with a choice of caponata or lamb mince.
Choice of two sauces - Smokey bbq & HOT (order at own risk)
Lemon Fried Chicken
Fried chicken chunks marinated with lemon and spices. Served with a burnt garlic and lemon mayo
Tempura fried calamari, finished with chilly and lime.
Beer battered, fried juicy prawns served with a spicy mayo.
Fish marinated in a blend of mustard, onion, corriander and chillies, grilled and served with dip.. Choice of fish - Basa/ask you waiter for seasonal fresh fish
Toit Liver Special
Chicken liver pate wrapped in bacon, sliced and served with fig compote and in-house pickled vegetables and toast.
Slow-braised pork ribs, slathered with a sweet 'n' spicy sauce
Swedish Meat Balls
Our Swedish meatballs are made with ground beef and pork, gently spiced and served with a brown sour cream gravy
Beefy Loaded Potato
Roasted potatoes filled with juicy beef. Crowd favourite.
Black Bean Beef with Peppers
Seared black bean beef filet sliced and served on a bed of peppers
Sending it from The Permit Room
Okra Podi Chips
Stack of crispy okra slivers with curry leaves; served with a spiced yogurt dip
Cheesy Gunpowder Potato Fries
Potato fries seasoned with chutney podi (powder) served with chunky mango pickle mayo
Chilli Cheese Bhajji
‘Mulaga Bhajji’ chilli generously stuffed with cheese and batter-fried ; served with a tamarind chutney.
Traditional tamarind rice balls with Arborio rice, tossed with parmesan and crumb-fried to perfection; served with a yoghurt dip
Veg also possible Please note – will require a minimum of 20 minutes for preperation
Traditional snack of rice and lentil batter shallow fried in a concave griddle
Andhra Chilli Chicken
Boneless chicken in a spicy Andhra masala
(or choose very spicy at your own risk)
Ghee Roast Prawns
Pan seared chicken in in tangy spices and fresh herbs. Best enjoyed before or after sunset
Lamb pate samosa with browned onions and lime
Kerala Beef Fry
Spicy beef morsels stir-fried with coconut chips and served on coin parottas
SOUPS & SALADS
- Mushrooms & Leek Soup A heady mix of garden fresh mushrooms and leeks makes for one delicious soup.
- Chicken Soup for the Toit A clear, heartwarming broth of chicken, carrots and leeks.
- Farmer's Market Salad Assorted greens, radish, croutons and caramelised walnuts tossed in our in-house balsamic dressing.
- Watermelon & Feta Salad A salad of fresh watermelons spheres and feta, garnished with greens and a watermelon juice dressing.
Beetroot Orange & Goat Cheese Salad
Oven roasted Beetroot, Orange wedges and Goat cheese with mixed greens tossed in an orange reduction.
Roasted vegetables and barley served in a curry leaf dressing with a dollop of spiced hung curd
Make Your Own Pasta
Veg also possible Choose your pasta- Spaghetti/Penne/Handmade Pappardelle
Choose your sauce- Arrabiata/Cheesy White
- Aglio Olio Spaghetti tossed with garlic & olive oil. Our version has some delicious farm fresh veggies & sundried tomatoes as well.
- Prawn, Cherry Tomatoes & Feta Spaghetti tossed with garlic, olive oil, red chillies, cherry tomatoes & feta.
Risotto of wild mushrooms, finished with truffle oil and parmesan crisp
Braised Lamb & Mushroom
Slow cooked lamb and mushrooms, served with hand cut pappardelle
Spaghetti served in a rich creamy emulsion of egg and parmesan sprinkled with a generous helping of bacon. An all-time Favourite.
Sandwiches & Burgers
- Classic Club Sandwich The perfect club made with crisp bacon, fresh poached chicken, sliced tomato and crunchy romaine nestled between toasted white bread slathered with mustard & mayo. 'Nuff said
Fried eggplant, Emmental and sliced tomatoes, served on panini bread
Peruvian Chicken Sandwich
Cajun-spiced chicken, guacamole, sliced red onion, crisped lettuce, jalapeno sauce on ciabatta bread.
Baked Bean & Cottage cheese burger
Black bean, cottage cheese fried patty, with pepper relish and Emmental
Spicy Fried Chicken Burger
Fried tender chicken thigh, caramelized onions, cheddar and lettuce.
Pulled Lamb Sandwich
Brioche bun, mint sour cream, pulled lamb tossed with garlic, onion and peppers served with potato wedges
Toit Beef Burger
In-house ground & seasoned beef patty with red wine reduced onions and Emmenthal.
Wood-fired Pizzas (All our pizzas are sourdough based, hand-stretched and cooked in a wood-fired oven. half & half options available.)
The classic vegetarian pizza. Load up with toppings, ask your server for details
Toit Full House
Assorted peppers, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, jalapeno & onion
Our Signature pizza with burnt garlic and mushroom topping drizzled with truffle oil.
Artichoke & Sundried Tomato
Devour this exotic pizza, topped with a healthy portion of artichokes and sun dried tomatoes.
Cherry Tomatoes & Feta
A spread of heady herb marinated tomatoes, sprinkled with feta and garnished with parsley.
Pesto Roasted Veg
Pesto sauce base with grilled zucchini and peppers, topped with caramelized onions and goat cheese cream.
Tomatoes, fresh buffalo mozzarella, spicy chicken, jalapenos and fresh onions.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Home-made BBQ sauce, chicken chunks, roasted corn and onions
Lamb, Fig & Cheese
A unique combo, must try!
A sliced pork salami topping. Crowd Favorite
Traditional Goan pork sausage and mozarella
Beef meatballs, fresh green chilli, red onions & avacado
- Moussaka Our version of this Greek favourite
Grilled artichokes, sautéed spinach, pine nuts and goat cheese.
Hot & Sour Tofu
Silken tofu in a hot and sour sauce with scallion rice, grilled pok choy and spicy cabbage
Veg tagine, cous cous, pita bread and mint toum
Almond Crusted Chicken
Almond crusted chicken breast. Served with carrot mash, mushroom, peas
Seared salmon, glazed with a bell pepper and caper sauce, served with sauteed fennel and herb rice
Fish & Chips
Our take on this classic! Served with house fries and sauce tartare. Chose between batter fried or crumb fried. Choice of fish - Basa/ask you waiter for seasonal fresh fish
Slow braised lamb shank au jus, served with couscous and grilled veggies.
Bacon - Wrapped Chicken
Crisp bacon on the outside, chicken,sun-dried tomatoes and cheddar on the inside
Slow cooked braised pork belly served with greens and celery mash
Our signature dish, an immaculately marinated beef steak served with a creamy spinach sauce.
Beef Rice Bowl
Minute grilled beef with scallion rice, spicy cabbage, coriander and topped with a sunny side up egg
Rich dark chocolate layer cake. Serves 2
The classic Italian dessert layered with fluffy mascarpone and flavoured with liqour and cocoa
Traditional New York style cheesecake. Served with blueberry jam
Baked Coffee Mousse
Slow-brewed coffee baked into a mousse, served with kahlua crème and toasted almonds
Batter fried oreos, served with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce
A classic recipe stolen from Grandma's cookbook.Served with ice cream